Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Welcome

First off, thank you for your interest in my blog, Eat Your Cake!

The name is derived from the phrase "Eat your cake and have it too", although not in the negative way the phrase is most often used: indicating having or wanting more than one can handle or deserve, or trying to have two incompatible things. The proverb's meaning is similar to the phrases, "you can't have it both ways" and "you can't have the best of both worlds."

Born into a family with deeply rooted beliefs that "food is love", I love to eat. My grandmothers and my own mother cooked meals and deserts from scratch all the time. Enjoying food as much as I do, it's challenging to maintain a healthy lifestyle without depriving myself from cakes, cookies, ice cream, cheese, wine...and I REFUSE to do so.

So, in order to enjoy life and I eat as I please 20% of the time, I eat healthy and balanced meals 80% of the time, and I exercise. A lot. Because I want to "Eat My Cake and Have It Too".

What you'll see in this blog are stories from culinary school and life outside of classes. I'll share recipes (both healthy and sinful), culinary school experiences, workouts, music playlists and profiles from the Spin class I teach, all in the hopes of bringing you something new to think about or try on your own.

My next post will be about the belated birthday cake I'm making for myself, my hubby, and my father. All of our birthdays are in early August. Since its still summer and because I always reach for the tried and true vanilla or chocolate butter cake recipe, I'm trying something different: Mojito Pound Cake with Rum Buttercream Frosting.

Till then, eat your cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment